At first it’s normal habit of entering your own blog on thewp-adminand wp-login .Later, you knock the idea on the head of customize your own access either to your visitors (this begins to become obsolete, since the plugins that connect to social networks are the order of the day) and decide to look for a plugin change the login page and you touch your own as the BM Custom Login or Ajax Login . This is the easiest thing to do branding of your network.
Change WordPress Admin URL To Secure WordPress Login
Now if that is true then think about improving the entrance to your blog and not have to give anyone’s reference wp-login . First, tell this business you work under wp (even if it is obvious to anyone) and you test your page to access is fodder for some kind of attack, either brute force or anything else. Remember to Login LockDown (featured in the post safety pack) and other similar type Bad Behaviour orPrevent bot are already saving you headaches.
Some Plugins Change the Default WordPress Login URL
There are several plugins that have to do with the login, caa which has different characteristics:
- Stealth Login Change the Default WordPress Login URL : Makes the very function I am commenting. Change wp-login the URL we want. Eg www.midominio.com / wp-login to www.midominio.com / access. Was not bad, right? Least prevents users from directly prove the existence of wp with wp-login. Some traces of bots to search based on WP blogs are through here or version of WP (there are specific and general plugins to remove). The page for download is here .
- WP No Index Login Change the Default WordPress Login URL: Prevent public access page to be indexed by search engines. This plugin prevents fiddling the robots.txt (which is not hard) and apply the “noindex” also to the login page and password recovery. This is the official website to download of the author.
- WP-OpenID Change the Default WordPress Login URL: Proceeds to give access to your users without them having to register a new login and password, and using their OpenID avoiding unnecessary risks in your database. To function also requires the plugin XRDS-Simple . It is a good method of authentication , but personally I prefer to use a plugin only and does not interfere with a third party. So why so much success with the ” Connect with Facebook “? Well for the simple reason that the odds of more than 50% of your visitors are logueadas in this system and very accustomed to interacting with applications.Download it here .
- Wp Email Login Change the Default WordPress Login URL : The user is not identified with your nick. Must do so by email when he stopped recording in the blog. You can download it here .
- Chap Secure Login Change the Default WordPress Login URL : Use an encryption algorithm to perform user identification to blog.Although several users have reported problems in old verisones wordpress, the script has a good base of argument you can find here . In theory tries to resemble secure connections SSL but with a method based on an authentication key md5 before you log on. It is a great plugin but as I have already said, you are reporting errors. If any of you find something similar (AskApache has a special post) or a solution to possible coding errors, we would be very grateful to place it in the comments.
- Enigform for WordPress Change the Default WordPress Login URL : This is an advanced experimental plugin that requires modifying code. Enigform is an addon for Firefox that uses openPGP to verify access to remote sites. In this case, they try to modify our theme and add code in one module of Apache (mod_openpgp) for it to fulfill the verification, that is, authentication keys for client and server is created. The pluginintala like everyone else, but then the author takes us to some links of configuration and code must implement the theme . All information necessary to find Buanzo.org .