Change WordPress admin URL with Lockdown WP Admin
Here is a tutorial on how to change WordPress admin URL with the lockdown WP admin. With the growing technology, day by day the demand for the WordPress sites are increasing since it is easy to make and maintain the sites based on WordPress. As all the latest technologies have some or the other defects, WordPress also has a defect that is low security. The admin page of the WordPress site can be open to all the users and can appear to any person by just adding /wp-admin and many number of trial and error methods can be used to guess your password for the website. So here is a tutorial on how to change the WordPress admin URL with Lockdown WP admin page to add security to this website.
If you ever had malicious users to the website you can also try finding out reviewing WordPress login attempts to check how many times the hackers or the fake admins have tried to access your website with different usernames and password combinations. The best way to add security is to change the WordPress Admin URL with the Lockdown wp admin so that no other person know the admin page url and there will be no chance to find out the admin page.
Install and configure the lockdown WordPress admin plugin Change WordPress admin URL with Lockdown WP Admin
Using the below steps you can change the admin url with the lockdown wp admin and here are the steps that are to be followed carefully to install the plug in
- Login to WP admin login
- This plugin can be used only for the WordPress sites so make sure that your website is a WordPress website
- Click on the plug in and click to add new
- Type lockdown WP admin and search for the relevant plugins that are available.
- When the plug in is found click on the install plug in option
- Click on ok button to confirm the pop up window
- Then choose the activate plug in option
- Find a lockdown wp and click on the option lockdown WP
- A check box appears and select the check box which has the information, please hide wp admin from the user
- You have a option to change your admin to something like secret-admin or super-admin etc
- Now you will see the new admin as a secret admin or super admin or any other name of your choice which you have given
- If you access /wp-admin directly it gives a 404 error and you can access only using secret-admin