Now a days people use multiple computers and laptops. If you are also using multiple computers in your office or at work then you might have saved the data on these multiple computers. It can be lead to a lot of mess in sorting the data as it is distributed among different systems. The best solution to this mess is cloning the hard drive in your computer. You can easily clone hard drive which will allow you to copy the content of one hard disk drive to another.
Let’s say you want to upgrade to a new hard disk drive as your old drive is full. If you are able to clone a hard disk drive all the data will be copied on your new drive. You can also drag the entire system from your old hard disk drive to new one by using different cloning software’s. We receive a lot of mails daily and one of the common questions which is asked by our readers is how to clone hard drive. In order to clone hard drive you have to use a disk clone software. There are a lot of disk clone software’s available which you can use and get answer to how to move windows 10 to SSD. EaseUS Todo backup workstation is one of the best software’s which you can use for cloning a hard disk drive. You will be able to copy all the contents from your old drive to your new drive by following few steps.
If you are wondering how to clone hard drive in Windows 10 you are at the right place. Today in this post, we will share the steps which you have to follow in order to clone hard drive in Windows 10.
- To download EaseUS Todo backup workstation software. Once you have opened this link the software will start downloading automatically.
- Double click on the installer file which will start installation process of the software. Once the software is installed, you have to open it.
- On the main window you will see Clone option. Click on this button and the process to clone Windows 10 will begin. Next you will be asked to select the disk from where you want to clone. Select Next option from Disk/Partition clone Windows.
- Now you have to choose destination disk and then click on Next button. Enable Sector by sector clone option from here and you will be able to clone all the sectors from your source disk to the destination one.
- If you want to preview the disk layout you have to select the Preview option and then choose Proceed option which will start the disk cloning process.
Once the process is complete, you will see the cloned data in destination disk.
How to move Windows 10 to SSD from HDD
You can use EaseUS Todo backup tool if you want to migrate your Windows 10 from HDD to SSD. Follow the steps shared below and find out how to move Windows 10 to SSD.
- First of all you have to download and install EaseUS Todo backup tool. Once installed, open the software and click on Clone option which will start the migration process.
- Choose the disk where you want to clone Windows 10 and then click on Next option.
- Now you will be asked to choose the destination disk i.e. the SSD. Select the disk and make sure that sector by sector clone option is enabled on your computer. This will allow you to clone all sectors from source disk to the destination disk. Also select optimize for SSD.
- You can preview disk layout once you have migrated Windows 10 to SSD after completing the cloning process. Clicking on Proceed option will start the cloning process and your Windows 10 will be migrated to the new SSD.
Once the cloning process is finished, you can turn off your computer and remove the HDD. Keep the SSD connected and you will be able to use Windows 10 as it is cloned on the SSD.